If you do not practice, Listening to English may be a fear of "thunder ducks" for many English learners. To practice listening to "extreme" English, 247 English recommends that you do not ignore the following 5 important things. Read and apply for practicing your English Listening skills!
1. Learn how to pronounce English correctly: You can't hear English well if you don't know how to pronounce words. Understanding the pronunciation and accent is the golden key that helps you hear English well, especially in case you have to listen to the fast-talking parts. Talking to foreigners will help you pronounce better. You can join the English club to help you immerse yourself in an English speaking environment and improve your pronunciation. In addition, you should pay attention to the pronunciation of each new word. Use a standard phonetic dictionary like Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, Longman Advanced American Dictionary ... and learn how to accentuate key words in each sentence. Understanding the pronunciation will help you hear much better.
2. Listen to the main idea: This is a purposeful listening technique to listen to the main content. Before you listen, you need to read through the required questions, or listen to the instructions on the tape to speculate the information to be captured and the topic of the song. During the listening process, you hear important words to base on the main idea of the song. These words are often accented words, emphasized or repeated many times in the lesson. You should use speeding skills (note-taking) to increase your ability to concentrate, remember the information you have heard and develop the systematic listening. For efficient shorthand, you should create your own system of abbreviations and frequently used symbols. For example: "=" means equal (equivalent), "Fe" is iron (iron) etc. After hearing and speeding up for the first time, I often ask questions to search for and link information to. believe. Based on very familiar questions: who, what, when, where and how to ask related questions, this helps me to orient the creation of a related content in the listening post.
3. Guess the new word meaning: Not everyone hears 100% of English listening content, it is important that you know the meaning by relying on the content of the conversation, stressing and recalling the sound from there. . You should concentrate and not let the soul hang up the branches when listening. By guessing the meaning, you will create your own excitement by guessing the topic, guessing the participants of the conversation, the location, the words that appear in the listening based on the number of words heard or available, guess the sequence events occur in the listening post.
4. Choose the source of learning and listen to English regularly: You need to choose reliable sources and materials that match the current listening level. Some reliable information channels like BBC, CNN, VOA ..., or via CDs, videos. With only 15 minutes of practice listening every day, you have created a habit of listening and listening to the pronunciation. The job of bathing this language helps you catch English sounds, and see these sounds perfectly audible.
5. Improve English vocabulary: If you want to listen well to English, you must remember lots of vocabulary. You can learn English vocabulary every day by selecting the vocabulary you want to learn, using images and sounds to help you remember more, use a small notebook to record words and phrases, learn vocabulary Review and review new words on a regular basis.